Bypass Switch is an optical path control equipment, which can automatic bypass the optical path in case the protected optical device is failure (such as power supply interruption, hardware failure, software deadlock etc.) for protecting network integrity.
The Bypass Switch can monitor the power supply status and optical signal status of the protected optical device in real time. When the protected optical device fails (e.g. power failure, hardware failure, software deadlock, etc.), it can removes this point of failure by automatically switching traffic via bypass mode to keep the critical network link up.
• Automatic bypass switching control: Supports various automatic bypass control methods such as power supply monitoring, optical power monitoring, heartbeat monitoring and their combinations.
Power supply monitoring: If the power supply is down, switch to BYPASS state. Optical power monitoring: If the optical power degrade to the threshold we predefined, switch to BYPASS state
Heartbeat monitoring: If there is no heartbeat within a certain period of time, switch to BYPASS state.
• Working in optical layer, transparent transmission to optical signals.
• High optical performance.
• Carrier grade switching speed.
• Support Auto-Switch and Manual-Switch two working mode.
• Support optical signal Internal-Splitted or External-Splitted.
• Support CLI management and panel key control with LCD display.
• Support dual power supplies for redundancy.
• Support Switching-Log saving function.
• Node protection for network security appliance (firewalls, IPS, DPI, flow control devices, etc.)
• Node protection for Repeater.
• Node protection for serial connection optical device.